In this policy references to Zero West C.I.C, or to ‘we’ or ‘us’ are to Zero West which is a community interest company registered in England and Wales with the registered company number 11324659.
At Zero West C.I.C we are committed to protecting your personal data’s privacy and security.
This policy outlines how we at Zero West C.I.C, may collect and use the information that you provide to us.
Our data protection officer and data controller is Andy O’Brien, if you have any questions regarding this policy please contact us at:
Zero West C.I.C
38 Victoria Street
Phone: 07503 372 689
This policy has been updated as of the May 2018, in order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on the 25th May 2018.
Within this policy we have included:
- What personal data we collect
- Where we collect personal data from
- Why we need personal data
- What we do with your personal data
- Children’s personal data
- How we keep your data safe and who has access to it
- Your rights
- Changes to this policy
1) What personal data we collect
Zero West C.I.C usually only collects basic personal data about you:
- Email Address
- The organisation that you work for
- Partial card details (if you pay for membership)
- The amount that you have donated and /or paid for membership
- Images and photos (If you have taken part in an event with us and have given us permission to use these images)
If you have worked, volunteered or applied to work with us we may have further personal data on you, such as:
- Employment History (CVs and Cover Letters)
- Banking Information
- National Insurance Number
- Information on student loans
- Date of Birth
- Information on leave such as maternity or sick leave
- Information relating to your salary (Amount, Tax Code, Pension Details)
- Emergency contact details
- Passport and Visa information
- Performance Appraisals
Staff and Volunteers: Legally this information will be kept for 6 years after you have left the organisation.
For Applicants: Both CV’s and cover letters are kept on file for 6 months, in case another position in the organisation comes available.
2) Where we collect personal data from
We may collect your personal data in a number of ways:
When you provide us with information directly:
- When you make a financial contribution to us, or become a member
- When you sign up to our newsletter (See Section 3)
- When you interact with our website
- When you work, volunteer or apply to work with Zero West C.I.C
- When you contact us or become involved with us in any other way than stated above
3) Why we need personal data
We collect personal data in connection to specific activities as a membership organisation if you have provided us with consent we will use your data to update you on our activities and progress through our newsletter channel. We may also need to store a limited about of information in regard to your membership fee.
The information that we collect is related to your request, however if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide certain types of services.
4) What we do with your personal data
The data that you provide to us will be stored on our systems for as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity, and may be used in a number of ways:
We will use your personal data in a number of ways, including for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the service or information you have requested
- To keep you updated on what we are up to (If you have chosen to opt in to our newsletter)
- To update you about any changes to our service
- To administrate a financial contribution (Including Gift Aid processing)
Our Social Media Channels:
If you choose to keep updated on our activities through our social media channels, please ensure that you have reviewed their privacy statements:
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
Our payment providers:
If you make a donation or become a paid member, your data will be shared with a payment provider. Card details that you provide may be stored securely by our payment providers to enable membership renewal and recurring donations. Please ensure that you have reviewed the appropriate privacy statements:
Submitting information through our website:
For staff, volunteers, contractors and applicants:
All personal data relating to these individuals will remain on file until they are no longer needed legally.
5) Children’s personal data
The safety of children is very important to us. While we understand that our supporters may be of any age, if you are under the age of 18, please ensure that you obtain your parent or guardians permission before submitting any personal information to us.
6) How we keep your data safe and who has access to it:
We take data security very seriously and will always aim to take the most appropriate precautions to ensure that we protect it.
To do this we:
- We aim to ensure that we have appropriate technical controls in place to protect your data, for example all staff computers
- We ensure that all staff, volunteers and contractors that may come into contact with personal data understand the importance of data security and have signed up to our internal policies which explain how to protect your data.
- We ensure that only authorised personal (Staff, volunteers and contractors) have access to your data
Despite this no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and therefore we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk
We will also only disclose information to third parties or individuals when:
- We are obliged to be law
- For purpose of national security, taxation and criminal investigations
- If you have agreed that we may do so
- When we use other companies such as mail chimp (See Section 3) to provide a service on our behalf.
- If we receive a complaint about content that you have posted on our site
- If we merge with another organisation.
- It is in the interests of children or vulnerable adults for the information to be shared, a serious crime may have been committed or there are serious risks to the public or staff
However, we will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations.
7) Your rights
Under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into effect on May 25th 2018 everyone has now got a number of specific rights:
1) The Right to Access
At any point you can request a copy of all personal data that we hold on you. This will be provided to you within 30 days in an electronic format.
2) The Right to be Forgotten
At any point you can ask us to remove all the personal data from our systems.
3) The Right to Data Portability
Obtain and reuse the data that we hold on you for your own purposes.
4) The Right to be Informed
We will not use your data for any other purpose then what you have provided consent for.
5) The Right to have information corrected
We aim to keep our data as up to date as possible, however we are only a small team and would therefore appreciate it if you could keep us up to date if your contact details change.
6) The Right to restrict processing
At any time, you can contact us, and we will stop processing your data, your record can remain In place however the data cannot be used.
7) The Right to object
At any time, you can object to your data being used for direct marketing.
8) The Right to be notified
In the event that we do suffer a data breach which comprises of individual’s personal data we will inform you within 72 hours of first coming aware of the breach
If you would like to learn more about your rights under the data protection law, please visit the Information Commissioners Office.
If you have any questions surrounding how we process personal data, please contact:
Phone: 07503 372 689
Our data controller Andy O’Brien
Zero West C.I.C
38 Victoria Street
Phone: 07503 372 689
We may have to change this policy from time to time, however when we do this we will publicise these changes clearly on our website or contact you with more information.
Please do revisit this policy each time you consider giving us personal data.